This user hasn't shared any biographical information
Posted in Scott stories on August 17, 2013
So, here’s the deal: I spend too much time on the Internet.
I need to get back to my own life, and my own photography, and my own reading and growing and cooking and friends and future plans. Something’s got to give, and I’ve decided that it’s this blog that’s going to suffer the cut.
I’m not sure if I’m taking this site offline, but if I do keep it my posting here is going to become MUCH more sparse. And there’s a chance that it’s going to become nonexistent, in which case, the site will go. I chose to do this because of two things:
- This is by far the most time consuming aspect of my social networking.
- Traditional blogging feels so old fashioned today. The world has moved on, and while I’m sometimes slow to embrace change, I get more joy and satisfaction out of other corners of the web (and the phone) now. The problem is I just want to show you too much, and keeping up with all of it feels more like an annoyance than a reward. Plus, well, most of what I post here is redundant, and I have never liked that. I’m a firm believer that our Instagram and Facebook and Twitter and whatever should offer different content… otherwise, why are we following each other everywhere in the first place?
If you like me, and like what I offer, there are PLENTY of places where you can still find the same stuff I post here. Here’s a rundown:
- http://sbarnesphoto.tumblr.com/: If you like what I do here on this blog, and you want to see my photography along with some other photography that inspires me and some art that inspires me and stories about my photography and photo shoots, follow my primary Tumblr blog.
- http://pinterest.com/sbarnesphoto/: If you like my recipes and travel photos and design and architecture, follow me on Pinterest.
- http://instagram.com/sbarnesphoto: If you like my snapshots and snippets of daily life, follow me on Instagram.
- https://www.facebook.com/sbarnesphotography: If you want to make me happy, become a fan of my photo page on Facebook.
- https://twitter.com/sbarnesphoto: If you like short rants and links, follow me on Twitter.
- http://arcana-indolem.tumblr.com/: If you like porn and dirty photos, including some selfies and stories I’m not sharing elsewhere, check out my private/dirty/sexy Tumblr page.
- https://www.facebook.com/scottbarnesphoto: If you know me in person, send me a Facebook friend request.
- If you want to have sex with me, I’m on Scruff, Grindr, and Growlr.
- http://sbarnesphotography.com/ and http://virimpudicus.com/. And please don’t forget my two photo sites. I’ll be updating them with new photos as they become available.
And I’m always open to receiving email from my friends: firstname.lastname@example.org.
And please, if you find me on any of the above sites, be sure to let me know so I can link back and follow you.
Thank you for all the comments, likes, support, compliments, advice, inspiration, love, and friendship. This was fun while it lasted.
Posted in Random Photos I LIke on August 17, 2013
This photo would often annoy me (a fur hat with a tank top, and roller blades — indoors?). But somehow it works. The lighting is exceptional. The boy is cute, too. That helps.
Posted in Male Models on August 16, 2013
I featured Steven Starkey in a tux (sort of) a few days ago. I like this model enough that I thought I’d give him a second post.
The second image is my favorite, I’ve had this one on my laptop for a while now, I just didn’t know who the model was until I did some research. [Click any to enlarge.]
There’s no reason for this photo, I just like it.
Posted in Architecture on August 16, 2013
Posted in Other photographers on August 15, 2013
My friend Bil sent me a link to Reflections, a series by photographer Tom Hussey, in which the elderly reflect on their former, younger selves. This is beautiful.